Thursday, April 9, 2009

Shawn's big day...

Let me start this post by saying...when you go to the Jewel and you show your son the cupcakes that you could purchase for him to hand out at school and he says..."No, Mom...I like the ones you make better and I have a great idea." RUN...RUN very fast...

These are the cupcakes that my son wanted to hand out. They were a blast to make for about the first 5 minutes and then pretty tedious for about the next 2 hours. All I can say is...that's love right there folks. Of course I woke my boy up with his own Oreo cake on the morning of his birthday in our family tradition. Even Dad wanted to be there so we got the whole gang up early. He was just waking up...
We came out and the kids got cake for breakfast. (where was this tradition when I was a kid I ask ya??)
The boys like to look at their first scrapbook with their baby pictures in it every year.
Shawn thought oreo cake was the bomb!
I wanted to take a bunch of photos of him to remember the day he turned 8. Sniff!


My boy is so grown up!
Coming up...Shawn' birthday dinner at Domo and the big birthday unslumber party with friends...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY PEANUT!!

No comments: