Friday, April 24, 2009

Raingutter Regatta

Shawn got his Cub Scout uniform on this evening and he just looked so grown up with his recent hair cut that I had to take some photos. Don't you hate how they look so different every time they get their hair cut...what is up with that??I even got him to wear some button shorts so he could wear his official belt! He normally only likes elastic pants. I think he channels "old dude" sometimes.And...of course...no Shawn photo session would be complete without one of these. The child is a poser...I have no idea what he is channeling here and I am not sure I care to find out.The Regatta was fun. The kids each built a boat from styrofoam and then they raced them in gutters. They blow on the "sails" through a straw to make the boats go.
Here is Shawn racing...What a fun night!

1 comment:

Devotion said...

I happened upon your page looking for a recipe for hottenanny cake and just kept reading and reading. The chocolate cupcake is going to come in handy - as I'm making the desserts for my wedding coming up in August.

I thought I had lots of time to test and do things but, turns out things creep up on you faster than you can prepare for.

Your children are beautiful and you seem like an awesome mom. So I just wanted to say thanks for being you!

What an inspiration!

Gods Blessings on your family,
Jen