Monday, June 23, 2008

Finally...

I have something to show for my summer. Here are a few of the items I am listing on Etsy today. I have 2 pieces left from a 4 piece "Seasons" set. "Summer" and "Winter" sold to a lady who must not like "Spring" and "Fall" so I thought I would throw those out there just in case someone wanted just those two or even just one. These pieces are made from repurposed wood (in this case...stair treads) which makes them eco friendly as well as fun! The wood has been carved first and then painted so they are very dimensional and textural.
I also have a nice heart piece that reads "My heart flew to the heavens when you looked my way". Nice for an anniversary or wedding gift. All of these are about 9" x 14" and are 1" thick so they are pretty substantial. They come with a saw tooth hanger on the back for easy hanging. Check out the listings here for more info: My Etsy Store.
The next two are not necessarily a set but I photographed them together as they look so cute. They are tall skinny houses about 2.5" x 20" x 3/4". Again...repurposed wood that were carved first. All of the pieces have several layers of archival spray coating to prevent fading and protect them. Each piece is mixed media with some paper work.
And lastly...the frame is not a sale item but is something I am playing around with lately. It is also carved and has a name at the bottom. It is a gift but I am thinking about doing them custom in the future. What do you think??
I have another set of the 4 season coming soon (almost finished) as well as a pretty cool Adam and Eve plaque that I hope to finish in the next day or so. Check back soon to see those.

It's a beautiful day so I am headed out to get a little sun! Have a great day...

No comments: