Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Card Photo

As most of you know...this was our Christmas card photo this year. Of course, it looks so easy right? Ha! What you don't see is the process behind this blissful looking photo. You see, I took about 75 photos that day. Here is a small sampling of the Christmas Card Photo Process...First there are the just plain bad ones. We had lots of those. Try asking 3 small children to smile, pose and look at you all at the same time. See what I mean...CrazyThis was by far my favorite of the boys but then my daughter had to go and stick a thumb in it. Blech!C-mon Shawn...get down there and quit looking half asleep...Ok, 42 photos later I realize that the tree is not working so well. Let's move to the couch. Hmmm...cute but not exactly what I am going for...Then, just as I am getting everyone happy and settled, the phone rings...no, I am not stopping to get the phone...come on smile everyone...then my cell phone rings..."Mom, aren't you going to get that?"...no, just smile...now the house phone is ringing again...of course by the time I get back, someone has pinched someone else and no one is happy. (Nice talking to you Aunt Brenda BTW)
So we move on to plan #2...take a picture of just the boys and then one of Ella. Sound familiar...yeah...that was last year's Christmas card. But of course the boys were now geared up for a show.The new favorite...rabbit ears...Come on guys...just look normal would ya...
See...look at your sister...how nice she is smiling...OK...that is it...we will just take 3 separate pictures. They make those kinds of cards now right...ones for people with rotten children...
There we go...nice...So cute...
A beautiful princess...
And then I asked my husband for his opinion...and for those of you who received a Christmas card this year...never ask your husband...(see top picture).



No comments: