Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Two in one...

Who knew it was possible...two posts in one week. But it is the new year after all. Today was a day of good news. My good friend who thought she might have cancer was deemed "cancer-free"...Yeah! I had some terrific responses to the direction that my business is going now (more on this later). And, most of all, my kids were well behaved and I got almost everything done that I needed to. Whew...
I took some interesting photos around the house yesterday and thought I would share them with you. I have been trying to figure out more things on my camera since I have had it for months now and am still doing the point and shoot thing. I know it can do so much more so here goes...


My crazy daughter...look at those cheeks...nuff said...


Thought this was an interesting shot.


And my crazy gang...this is the scene in the boys bedroom every night. Ella thinks that she can just sleep with them and it is a big fight to get her into her bed. They love it though.

So I had this idea the other day and I have been playing around with it ever since. It has me pretty excited for the new year and I couldn't sleep last night with all of the creativity going on in my brain. Of course, it is in the early planning stages but I will start sharing some shots in the next few posts. I think it will be a fun addition to my already crazy life!

And now, a while back someone sent me an e-mail that challenged me to come up with 10 things that I liked about myself. These things could not include my husband or children. The idea is that we, as women, just do not spend enough time thinking positive thoughts about ourselves. We are quick to criticize ourselves for so many things but we just don't focus on the positive as much as we should. I took the challenge and it was a little bit harder actually than I thought it would be. But I did it and even challenged some of the women in my life to do the same. I said I would share mine so here they are...
1. I am creative.
2. I love children and animals.
3. I tend to put others needs ahead of my own.
4. I am able to accomplish a lot in a short amount of time.
5. I feel compassionate toward others and can empathize with them.
6. I am a pretty good cook.
7. I do not judge people by what is on the outside.
8. I love deeply and completely.
9. I try to be honest in all things.
10. I have cute feet. (don’t ask)

If you have not done this...you should give it a try. It is a nice way to start out the new year on a positive note. And now...on to my new project!






No comments: