Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Brrr...it's cold up here! We live just outside of Chicago and let me tell ya...it is cold out there. The wind chill dropped to -20 the other night which is just not fun. I thought it was too good to be true a few weeks ago when the weather was in the 60's up here. That is just not normal for January but was a delightful break from winter. Now we are back in the thick of it and freezing our tails off. I guess the up side is that I don't mind staying in and getting things accomplished.
My children have been off of school for the past two days so I have been doing more family type things (like baking) than artist type things but I still have a few items to show from the weekend. Yesterday I started a cool series of self portraits that I plan to hang in the new basement. I am providing canvases and advice to everyone and asking them to paint their own portrait. So far S and my friend Brenda have completed theirs and I will get some photos up here soon. I plan to cover an entire wall with these fun paintings.


I have several new paintings in the works for the basement. That was the only up side to a forced remodel is that is gave me the ability to redecorate. I will post some pics here as things come together more. I am hoping to have most of it finished before the big Lala paloosa!


And now...introducing...



CLIFF


I met Cliff yesterday in my basement. It seems that he is a spy that has come to reside in my home. I heard about all of his daring and brave adventures and how he kidnapped my son S. He is a bit of a mystery man about the house. If you see him coming...run!

Here is a preview of some of the things I have been working on lately. I will have this pillow up on Etsy shortly.


This bag is a cool little girl size. I love the funky fabrics. It is part of the new line of Children's clothing and accessories that is brewing here in the Studio. I won't be listing those items until I have completed the entire line so look for them in the springtime.


And now I am off to bake some cookies, paint, work on a pinewood derby car, clean up my house, make some hats, buy football tickets and clean my studio...all while keeping my 2 year old from causing bodily harm to herself or others. Wish me luck...


No comments: