Monday, October 6, 2008

Catching up...

It's that time again...time to catch up on my blogging. Yes...I have been a reluctant blogger. You would think that nothing has been going on around here by my lack of blogging lately but really...it is just the opposite. I cant' believe that summer is gone... I can't believe that it is almost Halloween. Where does the time go really...
But...back to catching up...let's see...where did I leave off? Oh yes...we went on vacation in July (yes, I said July) then we came home and starting tearing up our house. Looking back I can see that this was not the smartest thing to do. We finally get away on vacation and all relaxed and then WHAM...come back and start destroying the house just so we can be stressed out all over again. Remind me not to do that next year...

But, we did tear out our enclosed porch and raise the floor up the level of our house. It was something we have wanted to do for so long now and with Austin needing to be able to get in and out alone, it was definitely time. Of course the project that was supposed to take a few weeks turned into the terminal project and is still going on. So here are some photos of it in progress.


And here is a photo of what my children had to do the whole time we were demolishing things. Poor things.


And here is what the room looked like after the floor was raised but before the flooring and windows were in.


I have yet to take a finished picture of it...oh wait...that is because it is still NOT finished. I wonder if there is a support group for people who always have to have some kind of unfinished project around their house. "Hi, my name is Becci and I have rooms with no trim."
I will take some photos of the room now so you can see where we are with it. It is close...so close...maybe by Christmas...

No comments: